BANANA & MACADAMIA MUFFINS
Makes 12 small muffins
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 4 eggs
- 1 medium ripe banana mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of milk or dairy free substitute
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup of macadamias roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon of linseed or flax seed
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius and line a 12 hole muffin tin with liners.
- Melt the coconut oil and honey together over low heat until softened and fully liquid and then remove from the heat to cool.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs until smooth and then beat in the bananas, vanilla, milk and the honey/coconut oil mixture.
- Mix the coconut flour through the batter and stir until well incorporated.
- Fold the macadamias and flax seed through the batter and stir until well incorporated and then spoon the mix in to the prepared muffin tins.
- Place the trays in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and cooked through.