Happy New Year everyone and Happy Australia Day!!
Sorry its been so long but we have been in Hawaii and now are in preparation mode for the beginning of the school year. My eldest daughter is starting prep this year so its going to be an exciting couple of weeks for us.
I hope everyone has had a safe start to 2013. We had such a relaxing couple of weeks on the island of Oahu. We stayed in Waikiki at the Hilton Hawaiian Village and then headed out to Ko 'Olina to stay at Aulani Disney Resort.
We swam, we shopped, we swam, we shopped some more. I visited a craft store called 'Ben Franklins's, (it was like spotlight for us Aussies) and stocked up on some Wilton cake decorating products, for about half the price of what we pay here in Australia for Wilton products. I even did some dessert research and have some new recipes to try over the next couple of weeks.
Hawaii is a great place to vacation with young children. Everyone was very accommodating to the children and extremely helpful. We will definitely be repeating this trip again in the future!
Ok enough about me, todays recipe is a super quick and easy lemon tart. Its a perfect summer dessert or afternoon tea selection which can be served warm or cold, plain or with a dollop of cream. Give it a go, I promise you wont be disappointed!
Easy Lemon Tart
You will need:
1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
1 cup (220g) caster sugar
1 cup (90g) desiccated coconut
125g butter, melted
1 cup (250ml) cream
3/4 cup (180ml) milk
1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Grease a straight-sided 25cm pie dish.
- Whisk eggs in a medium bowl.
- Gradually whisk in sifter flour, then remaining ingredients until well combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared pie dish.
- Bake in moderate oven for approximately 45 minutes or until set and browned lightly.
- Allow tart to cool down before dusting with icing sugar. Serve tart warm or cold.