Tuesday 23 October 2012

Another Lemon Slice



I really love lemon! I have to admit that I'm quite partial to a bit of lemon tang. I never feel quite so guilty after a lemon dessert as I do when I've just had a piece of chocolate, but that's just me.

I've included another lemon slice recipe as I just cant decide which one I like better, Tangy Lemon Squares or this Lemon Slice ...... try them for yourself and let me know.

Enjoy xxx

 

Lemon Slice


YOU WILL NEED

Base
125g unsalted butter at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup caster sugar
1 1/3 cups plain flour

Toppping

4 eggs lightly whisked
1 cup caster sugar
2 tablespoons plain flour
1/2 cup milk
finely grated rind & juice of 2 lemons


DIRECTIONS

  1. Preheat oven to 180c or 160c fan forced.
  2. Grease a rectangular slice pan (approx 20 x 30cm) and line with baking paper allowing the sides to over hang.
  3. To make the base cream the butter, sugar and vanilla in a mixer until pale and creamy.
  4. Add sifted flour to butter mix and fold through until combined.
  5. Spoon combined mixture in to slice pan and press base down evenly in to pan.
  6. Bake in oven for 10 minutes or until starting to brown around the edges. Remove from oven when cooked and let it cool.
  7. To make the topping  place the sugar, eggs, flour, milk, lemon rind and lemon juice in a bowl and whisk until well combined. 
  8. Pour the egg mixture over the base and bake for 20-25 minutes or until just set.
  9. Allow slice to cool completely in pan. 
  10. When slice is cool run a knife around the edge of slice to loosen if necessary and then lift slice out of pan using the edges of the baking paper dust with icing sugar (see tip)and then cut slice into squares and serve.
(Adapted from Better Homes & Garden online article)

Tip: Ever wonder why your icing sugar seem to disappear in to your slice or cake within hours of dusting it on?  check out my dusting sugar tip.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment